The Covid-19 outbreak has upended life as we know it. Many parents are finding themselves working from home while managing their children’s schooling at the same time. The Virus and Us is a letter that I wrote my 7-year-old son to read when he’s older. My hope is that it can help him put this time into perspective. I also self-published the letter because this change in society is something that parents should be talking about. Working from home and monitoring your child’s schooling at the same time is frustrating, for sure.
It’s likely not something that you signed up for. But it’s here, and while you may be banging your head against the wall, it’s critical to remember that it’s also a beautiful opportunity. The letter covers how we’re dealing with this unusual situation as a family, and all of the thoughts that are difficult to express to a 7-year-old. I go through a number of topics, including:
- Operating my business and overseeing my son’s schooling is trying and overwhelming at times. But it’s also a beautiful opportunity for us to spend more time together.
- How I think about my autoimmune condition during this challenging time period, and how this autoimmune condition has prepared me for life during a pandemic.
- How I’m dealing with the stress and overwhelm of the situation.
- Shifting my thinking to make more room for optimism, especially during these trying times.
- The role of spirituality, especially during a crisis.
You can order your copy of The Virus and Us on Amazon today!