Professional Press Release Copywriter
Attract More Visibility to Your Business
A professional press release copywriter can help you grow the audience for your business. There are newspapers, magazines, and websites that will run newsworthy information about your company – free of charge – but you have to understand how to find them and what they are looking for.
As a professional press release copywriter I help businesses attract more visibility by taking advantage of local and national news outlets ready to help them. I have experience writing both traditional and online press releases that result in media coverage.
Are you looking to take advantage of free publicity for your business from regular news outlets? Talk with a copywriter to find out more about how it’s possible for your business.
Hire me to write your next news release.
Some Ideas for Your Next Print or Online Press Release
Journalists and readers alike are inundated with information. The best chance to get your press releases opened and read is to make sure they are well-written and creative, with a strong news hook. What is a news hook? This is the purpose of your press release. News outlets and websites are not going to run it or do a story on your business just because you ask them. There needs to be more appeal for the reader.
But the good news is that every business has something newsworthy going on. You just have to find it. Here are some examples:
- New products or services
- New employees
- Charitable events
- The expansion into a new market
Writing about any of these subjects can land increased news coverage. Use your best judgment and remember – stay creative. Make sure you take a look at what various organizations and websites are looking for, when you send them a release.
A Few Press Release Tips
Remember, that when you write a press release, you’re targeting a busy member of the media. They’re looking at similar releases all day long. Below are a few tips for your release to stand out from the others:
- Take a look at any published requirements from a news organization before sending them your press release.
- Local news sources are often more likely to publish your press release or do a story on your business than national news sources. This of course depends on the nature of your company, and the nature of your news.
- Find a strong news hook to pull people in. Give people a reason to care, and share interest in your news.
- Take the time to perfect the headline and the first sentences of your release. This is what readers will use to determine if they want to continue.
- Copy edit your press release closely. It needs to be well-written, and grammatically correct to have the strongest possible impact.
What a Well-Written Press Release Can Do For Your Business
What if your next project or book landed you on the front page of the newspaper? What if that donation you made to a local charity got you on the news? A digital or a print press release is how you grab the attention of the local or national news media. Digital press releases can have tremendous benefits, too. They can help you rise through the search engines through the use of prominent SEO links.
Hire a press release copywriter to help your visibility.
Hire Press Release Copywriter Matt Brennan
Press releases can attract a high level of visibility for your business through the media and the search engines. My name is Matt Brennan, and I am a professional press release copywriter. I also have a familiarity with how the print news media operates, as a former journalist.
Do you have a question, or would you like to talk about your next press release copywriting project? Contact me today!