Professional Press Release Copywriter
Attract More Visibility to Your Business
A professional press release copywriter can help you grow the audience for your business. There are newspapers, magazines, and websites that will run newsworthy information about your company – free of charge – but you have to understand how to find them and what they are looking for.
As a professional press release copywriter I help businesses attract more visibility by taking advantage of local and national news outlets ready to help them. I have experience writing both traditional and online press releases that result in media coverage. Are you looking to take advantage of regular news outlets?
Hire me to write your next news release.
Some Ideas for Your Next Press Release
Journalists and readers alike are inundated with information. The best chance to get your press releases read is to make sure they are well-written and creative, with a strong news hook. What is a news hook? This is the purpose of your press release. News outlets and websites are not going to run it or do a story on your business just because you ask them. There needs to be more to it.
- New products or services
- New employees
- Charitable events
- The expansion into a new market
These are just a few ideas for increased news coverage. Use your best judgment and remember – stay creative. Make sure you take a look at what various organizations and websites are looking for, when you send them a release.
A Few Press Release Tips
- Take a look at any published requirements from a news organization before sending them your press release.
- Local news sources are often more likely to publish your press release or do a story on your business than national news sources. This of course depends on the nature of your company, and the nature of your news.
- Find a strong news hook, to pull people in. Give people a reason to care, and share interest in your news.
- Take the time to perfect the headline and the first sentences of your release. This is what readers will use to determine if they want to continue.
- Copy edit your press release closely. It needs to be well-written, and grammatically correct to have the strongest possible impact.