Here’s why you need to improve your website content today.
Did you know that 71 percent of B2B researchers begin with a simple online search? The number of consumers who begin the purchasing process with an online search is staggeringly high as well, at 81 percent.
What does this mean for you, the business? Quality, engaging content is more important than ever.
5 Ideas to Improve Your Website Content
- Tell a good story – As much as people think they make purchasing decisions using a rational framework, this isn’t always the case. While data and numbers are important, a compelling story can be exactly what it takes to trigger someone hitting the buy button. I’m aware of these emotional impulses and sometimes like to pride myself on my logical mind. Then I set foot in my office, look at my bookshelf and see all the books I’ve owned for years that I’ve not yet read. Alas, I’m not immune to this one.
- Solve your readers’ problems – Your reader is coming to you with a problem, and it’s up to you to quickly show them you are the one to solve it. So go ahead and give information away. It may seem counter-intuitive at times, but it will position you as the expert. If you can show them how to solve their problem, they’ll come to you when they need your services.
- Features vs. benefits – A product feature isn’t going to do a whole lot for the reader. The amount of RAM on your computer is a product feature. The number of windows you can have open, while editing video is a product benefit. When you write your website copy and blogs, think of all the ways your product makes their lives better. This is what you are selling.
- Spend a lot of time on your headline – Fractions of a second – that’s how long a reader is going to spend deciding whether to click on your link or not. It doesn’t matter how brilliant the ensuing copy is, if no one is there to read it. That is why a headline is so important to improve your website content.
- Using testimonials is powerful – You can talk about your business until you are blue in the face. You may even sell a little bit while doing that. But you know what helps you build credibility and trust better than anything else? Other people’s word. Testimonials can make all the difference in the world when it comes to convincing your reader to buy.
Just remember, your reader chose you voluntarily. They are not a captive audience that will stay with you no matter what. Quality content is more important than ever.
Did you like these tips? I write more extensively about these and other ways to improve your website content in Write Right-Sell Now, which is on sale on Amazon for .99 cents.